Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Not every day is Pr Day

 I love Pr's I love to hear the Pr bell go off. I cheer every time. It makes me happy. I love to see you guys get better, helping you guys improve is what keeps me excited about this place. However I have to let you in on a little secret. Sometimes your not supposed to PR, sometimes it is supposed to be hard and you are supposed to be tired and the weight is supposed to feel heavier than normal.  This is supposed to happen. If it is not then you are not going to get as good as you could be. Yes recovery is important and yes sometimes you need to take a day ( or 3 ) off . Much of the time however you really should just push through an accept the fact that you are going to clean or squat a little less today, that you may have to put a bigger band on for pull-ups or not do as many reps at a time. This is how adaptation occurs, we have to stress the body enough to disrupt homeostasis, the initial response is for performance to decline, and over a long term well planned cycle this could go on for a little bit  . However up on removal of the stimulus ( reduction in volume ) and adequate recovery time you will get better and Pr's will come again. I know it can be frustrating and I know it can be discouraging, but if you can stick it out and remain consistent  your progress will continue.

No comments: